Advisor Resources

Evaluating Credit

Students are encouraged to seek assistance from Academic Advisors to determine the correct form, and the appropriate department from which to seek evaluation of their transfer credit. Encourage the student to make an appointment with the evaluator and to take a printed copy of the form. Remind the student to take course documents (in English) such as syllabus, description, textbook/chapters to the appointment.

Specific forms are used depending on the properties of the transfer institution. Use the descriptions in the box to determine the appropriate form. Scroll down for forms and the Department Directory of Transfer Credit Evaluators.

Students will need one form per department (math, physics, etc.) Each course must be evaluated by the department which offers corresponding credit at UNL.

Admissions Assistance

Contact us if your student needs assistance from our transfer admissions team:


U.S. Institution Transfer Credit

Use the Credit from Institutions in the United States Form for the types of credit below:

  • Education Abroad Experience when courses are on a US transcript, even if institution is accredited
  • Education Abroad Experience when on a transcript from a US institution and needs further review
  • Courses from non-regionally accredited schools
  • Military courses

Download U.S. Institution Transfer Credit Form

International Transfer Credit

Use the International Transfer Credit Form for the types of credit below:

If an equivalent needs to be established, contact Nicolette Brenton. If you have questions about study abroad credit contact the Global Experiences office.