Transfer Credit Evaluation
If transfer credit is part of your story you are not alone. Many students earn credit from more than one institution. Learn how the credit you have earned fits into your program of study.
Will My Credit Transfer?
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln accepts credit from institutions accredited by the appropriate regional accrediting agency. Credit Evaluation Policies may be found in the bulletin.
The Course Equivalency List shows the UNL equivalent for courses that have been reviewed. Search by institution and then by course. Not all courses have been evaluated.
Transfer credit may meet ACE (general education) outcomes 1 through 9.
New Planning Tool:
Transferology is a free web-based network of transfer credit information that will give fast and accurate course and credit information to current and prospective students and their advisers.
- Create an account. Add completed or planned courses.
- See how courses apply to your intended UNL degree plan.
- Find a course that will transfer back to UNL for a specific course
How Do I Transfer Credit?
Courses that have not been reviewed will be evaluated after a student is accepted for admission. Every effort is made to evaluate lower level transfer credit before the student attends New Student Enrollment.
Current students wishing to take a transfer course should
- Check with your academic adviser to make sure the course will apply to your degree
- Consult the Course Equivalency List to see whether the course has been reviewed. If it has not been evaluated, contact your adviser for pre-approval.
- If you plan to study outside the US, contact Education Abroad
Current Student Responsibility
It is the responsibility of the student to
- Ensure that all final transcripts and score reports have been sent to UNL
- Provide course details if necessary for evaluation
- Consult with an academic adviser to make sure transfer credit has been applied to your degree
- Read and understand the UNL degree audit
- Consult academic adviser for assistance with evaluation of credit from international colleges and universities or US institutions without regional accreditation
Before credits can be reviewed for transfer, we need you to apply for admission. Refer to the Apply page for the appropriate application and instructions. Steps generally include:
- Apply for admission
- Pay the application fee
- Submit official transcripts and score reports for review
- Apply for scholarships and honors programs
Some courses need further review
Courses in certain departments, courses in your major, and upper level credit still need review by the department. You may need to provide course documents such as a detailed course outline.
Some courses have insufficient information available and may require course documents.
Credit from these institutions will need review. Consult your academic adviser and be prepared to provide detailed course documents.
- Institutions without regional accreditation
- Most institutions outside the United States
There is a wide variety of educational systems in the global community. Courses from some institutions outside the US have been reviewed. All others must be evaluated before they are accepted for credit. Consult your academic adviser.
Office of Admissions
1410 Q Street
Lincoln NE 68588-0417